Welcome to the official website for The Whiteladies Picture House campaign. We are proposing to reopen The Whiteladies Picture House as a centre for the arts, where cinema, theatre, comedy and a multitude of different performing arts can thrive.
We want to restore The Whiteladies Picture House to its former glory, pay tribute to where it began and to reconnect with all those who have been inspired by its wonder over the past 92 years.
The campaign began three years ago and all of the information about what we have done, are currently doing and what we intend to do, is available right here.
In 2013 we are pushing ahead with our fundraising plans:
- We’ve successfully completed a Kickstarter campaign which exceeded the goal of £10K reaching 115% of target – we are now busy working behind the scenes to fulfil your pledges. Read more here.
- You can still make a donation direct to the Whiteladies Picture House Ltd. using the Paypal donate button below.
- You can now also raise money for free everytime you shop online using Easyfundraising – a scheme where major retailers such as Amazon donate a percentage of your purchase price to us.
We are scheduling a series of fundraising events and activities throughout the summer, including:
- Thursday 14 November, 8pm, Colston Hall – What the Frock!, Lucy Porter headlines this all-female comedy night to raise money to save the cinema. Ttickets available via Colston Hall Box Office, tel: 0844 887 1500 or email: email@example.com
- We’ve teamed up with Spin City to persent Dusk till Dawn a showcase of ariel hoopwork and silks – venue and date to be confirmed - proceeds go to our campaign.
If you would like to co-organise a fundraising event or can offer a venue then please contact us.
To be notified of future activities by email sign up to our mailing list.